Dr. John Hagiliassis graduated from the University of Melbourne with a Bachelor of Dentistry in 1998.
Dr John founded Freedom Dental, a South Melbourne-based dental clinic in 2011, which quickly listed on BRW’S Fast 100 businesses in Australia for the years 2011 and 2012.
With a true passion and commitment to customer service and cosmetic dentistry, Dr John and his team of over 50 staff treat thousands of patients every year, providing them with straighter, whiter smiles in a spa-like environment and providing personalised care and six-star service. Dr John is the largest provider of Phillips Zoom! whitening treatment in Australasia since 2012.
Dr John absolutely loves technology and loves finding ways to incorporate it into his practice to make him more accurate and efficient. Many years ago, John was one of the first people to have an iTero scanner in the world and has continued this trend by updating his technology constantly. Dr John has treated over 3000 clear aligners cases to date.
His passion for cosmetic dentistry saw him further his education in 2017, completing a Graduate Diploma in Aesthetic Orthodontics at the Postgraduate School of Dentistry.
Committed to advancing the professional development of his team, Dr John runs ongoing study group sessions for all staff at Freedom Dental, including the leadership team, dentists, oral health therapists, administrative assistants and treatment coordinators. Freedom Dental host professional development seminars for the wider dental industry, inviting clinicians from across all specialist fields to speak and share their knowledge and expertise with the audience.
Dr John regularly speaks and mentors at the Postgraduate School of Dentistry, as well as for Ivoclar (Trios Intraoral scanning) and SmileStyler.
Dr John is also the founder of Aesthetic Orthodontic and Restorative Training Academy (AORTA) which aims to promote the further education of dental clinicians in the new field of digital dentistry and aesthetic orthodontics.
Outside of dentistry, John keeps a busy life in fitness with particular love for running. John is a busy father of two amazing boys (Andy and Dean) and husband to the gorgeous Joanne. With one of his boys being diagnosed with Anaphylaxis to nuts, John and Joanne have been strong and continued supporters of various organisations and charities to improve understanding and treatment of such conditions.
- Graduated BDS – 1998 (Uni of Melb)
- Founded Freedom Dental – 2011
- BRW Fast 100 business in Australia In 2011,2012
- Largest provider and Clinical Advisor of Phillips whitening in Australasia since 2012
- 4th most INVISALIGN™ cases in Australia and Asia – 2014 to current
- Invisalign International Mentor – 2014 to current
- 300 plus case per year – 2012 to current
- Founded Freedom Dental Study groups (CPD) – 2010
- Acquired by BUPA / Dental Corp – 2015
- Graduate Diploma in Aesth.Ortho (Postgraduate School of Dentistry) – 2017
- Clinical advisor for 3D Meditech Smile Styler – 2017
- Clinical mentor/speaker Smile Styler – 2017
- Speaker for Postgraduate School of Dentistry – 2017
- Speaker for Ivolcar for Trios Intra oral scanners – 2017
- Founder of Aesthetic Orthodontic and Restorative Training Academy (AORTA) – 2017
- President of Australasian Clear Aligner Society (ACAS) – 2017
- Over 3000 clear aligner cases – 2018