A note from Dr John Hagiliassis.
Dear loyal patients,
Yesterday, the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) released a statement recommending that all dental practices implement level 3 restrictions as outlined in ADA’s guidance. That is, dentists should only perform dental treatments that do not generate aerosols, or where treatment generating aerosols is limited. All routine examinations and treatments should be deferred.
What this means for you… As of Monday the 30/3/2020, we will offer safe emergency care to our patients and local community. We will have an emergency contact who will triage your needs.
Our services are limited too.
- Management of acute dental pain e.g endodontic treatment under rubber dam, or extraction;
- Management of significantly damaged upper front teeth (e.g. due to trauma, with restorative treatment provided under rubber dam;
- Soft tissue pathology e.g. ulcers;
- Management of complex medically compromised patients with dental concerns which may compromise systemic disease;
- Management of those at a higher risk of rapid progression of dental disease due to socioeconomic or cultural factors;
At this stage, both Dr Boon and Dr Tina will be available for emergency appointments. I will also be available to assist with Tele-Consultations and to support our orthodontic patients via home monitoring. We ask that you email firstname.lastname@example.org with any non urgent requests.
Like you all, we are shocked at the quick escalation of these measures and apologise if any inconvenience has been caused. We do recognise the importance of our role as health care professionals and fully support our associations advice and measures to help keep our patients, community and staff healthy and to limit the PPE resources for our medical colleagues.
Most of our Freedom Family will be taking a short break and staying home with their families during this time. I want to publicly acknowledge our amazing team who have worked tirelessly to provide exceptional care to our community. I know that together we will emerge from this experience with renewed determination and a healthy perspective. We look forward future smiles
– Dr John